Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Preseason Game 1 Impressions

Coming off a 38-3 loss in the first preseason game against the Colts the Rams have much to work on. There is no need for panic though because preseason is the time to iron things out. Some things that stood out to me during the game is that Barry Richardson should not be starting. Much too often i saw him struggle at right tackle. On the other hand i liked what i liked what I saw out of Jason Smith in the run game as well at Rokevious Watkins. I would hope Smith stays in the starting lineup over Richardson at tackle, but time will tell.
     I liked what i saw out of Janoris Jenkins and the D-line. Jenkins looks like the shut-down corner like he's been advertised almost snagging an interception from Andrew Luck. The starting defensive line looks like a force to deal with. With the addition of Langford(free agency) and Brockers (draft) the line has potential to be elite. Speaking of elite, Robert Quinn is going to have a breakout season. He looks so much smoother and comfortable on the field this season.
    What I wished I saw was more Bradford. Bradford only played 2 series with the starters and didn't accomplish much. I wanted to see him throw the ball more especially with a new offense and plenty of new receivers. Also Brian Quick showed flashes, I just hope next game he'll get more opportunities and hopefully some reps with the first team.


No comments: